Full Job Description
PSSI International Teleport (PIT) is the largest privately-owned teleport in the U.S. Located 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PIT provides global video, audio, voice and data transmission services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The teleport’s Technical Operations Center (TOC) manages transmission, distribution and playout services weekly for a wide range of events including NASCAR, UFC, Top Rank, NHL, and WWE, including OTT streaming services for these clients and many others.
PIT is hiring an Operator to work in the Technical Operations Center (TOC).
• Perform engineering support duties for all live broadcasts
• Provision physical equipment, including case assembly, racking, cabling, electrical, etc.
• Learn and operate ad insertion, encoding, and other broadcast tasks and equipment
• Work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned by department management.
• Experience or interest in broadcast technologies
• Familiarity with production control room and studio equipment
• Working knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office applications
• Available to work nights and weekends and/or have a flexible schedule.
• Ability to lift and move Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, broadcast, or related field preferred, but not required.
Competitive salary, benefits, and 401K. Salary dependent on experience.
PSSI Global Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org