Our Journey, From 1979 to Now
Initially founded by Rob Lamb and Chuck Storlie as Production & Satellite Services Inc., PSSI began with a mission to provide consultation and coordination of television production and satellite transmission services for the corporate, entertainment and broadcast industries. Within a year, we acquired our first satellite uplink/production truck — and we’ve continued to expand and improve ever since.
Throughout our history, we’ve strengthened our capabilities through numerous strategic acquisitions:
- Taurus Communications in 1998
- Strategic Television in 2004 (establishing PSSI Global Services)
- New England Satellite in 2013
- Satcom Scientific in 2016
- Pittsburgh International Telecommunications in 2017 (establishing PIT and PIT Studio)
- CNN satellite uplink facilities in 2017 (establishing PSSI News Group)
Some of our proudest accomplishments over the years include:
- Opening our Las Vegas office in 2000
- Securing contracts to cover SEC Football for CBS and SEC Nation for ESPN
- Establishing multiyear service agreements with NASCAR, Golf Channel, and WWE to become each entity’s exclusive transmission services provider
Over time, we have celebrated several exciting milestones:
- By 2015, we’d performed more than 30 “at-home” transmissions for ESPN
- In 2016, we became the first company to uplink a 4K signal for a pay-per-view event
- That same year, we executed our first 10-channel “at-home” transmission at 148 Mbps (and we have since continued to transmit even more paths with even lower latency)
- By 2017, our company resources included more than 70 Ku-band, C-band and C/Ku-band uplinks and flyaways based throughout the U.S.
Now, we continue to look toward the future as we pursue new ideas and technologies to deliver better and better live broadcast solutions.