Our Journey, From 1979 to Now
Initially founded by Rob Lamb and Chuck Storlie as Production & Satellite Services Inc., PSSI began with a mission to provide consultation and coordination of television production and satellite transmission services for the corporate, entertainment and broadcast industries. Within a year, we acquired our first satellite uplink/production truck — and we’ve continued to expand and improve ever since.
Throughout our history, we’ve strengthened our capabilities through numerous strategic acquisitions:
- Taurus Communications in 1998
- Strategic Television in 2004 (establishing PSSI Global Services)
- New England Satellite in 2013
- Satcom Scientific in 2016
- Pittsburgh International Telecommunications in 2017 (establishing PIT and PIT Studio)
- CNN satellite uplink facilities in 2017 (establishing PSSI News Group)
Some of our proudest accomplishments over the years include:
- Opening our Las Vegas office in 2000
- Securing contracts to cover SEC Football for CBS and SEC Nation for ESPN
- Establishing multiyear service agreements with NASCAR, Golf Channel, and WWE to become each entity’s exclusive transmission services provider
Over time, we have celebrated several exciting milestones:
- By 2015, we’d performed more than 30 “at-home” transmissions for ESPN
- In 2016, we became the first company to uplink a 4K signal for a pay-per-view event
- That same year, we executed our first 10-channel “at-home” transmission at 148 Mbps (and we have since continued to transmit even more paths with even lower latency)
- By 2017, our company resources included more than 70 transmission vehicles, PSSI International Teleport and numerous strategic partnerships, allowing us to provide worldwide transmission services via C-band, Ku-band, fiber, IP and more.
Now, we continue to look toward the future as we pursue new ideas and technologies to deliver better and better live broadcast solutions.